Food business idea: Black forest torte
It is a mini version of famous German chocolate cake, aka “Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte.”
1¼ cups chocolate wafer crumbs
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup butter, melted
½ cup butter
6 squares (1 ounce (30 g) each) semisweet chocolate, chopped
? cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
? cup all-purpose flour
1 can (21 ounces) (600 g) cherry pie filling
2 squares (1 ounce (30 g) each) semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and sugar; stir in butter.
3. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a lightly greased 11-inch (30 cm) tart pan with removable bottom.
4. Place pan on baking sheet.
5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
6. Cool on a wire rack.
1. In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth.
2. Cool for 10 minutes.
3. In a large mixing bowl, Beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt until thickened, about 4 minutes.
4. Blend in chocolate mixture.
5. Add the flour and mix well.
6. Pour into crust; spread evenly.
7. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Cool completely on a wire rack.
1. Spread pie filling over the top.
2. In a small microwave bowl, combine chocolate and cream.
3. Microwave on high for 20 to 30 seconds or until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth.
4. Cool for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Drizzle over tart.
6. Chill until set.