Chevys® Garlic Mashed Potatoes
This easy-to-clone dish comes with many of the tasty entrees at the restaurant chain or can be ordered up, pronto, on the side. It’s a nice clone to have around since it goes well with so many dishes, Mexican or otherwise. Just give yourself the time to bake and cool the potatoes.
4 medium/large russet potatoes
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (3-4 cloves)
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup cream
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Bake the potatoes by first rubbing them lightly with oil and then baking them in the preheated oven for 1 hour until they are tender. Cool.
3. Mash potatoes and remove about half of the skin. You want to leave the rest in.
4. Melt the butter in a large suacepan over medium heat, then add garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
5. Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and cook for 5-10 minutes while stirring often until garlic mashed potatoes are very hot.