A delicious macaroon cookie recipe that does not even require baking!
2 cups (480g) white sugar
1/2 cup (120g) margarine or butter
1 cup (240ml) milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup (120g) cocoa
3 cups (700g) oatmeal
1 cup (700g) coconut
1. Place the bottom half of a double boiler on the stove to heat.
2. Place a large metal mixing bowl on top of the boiler. Melt the margarine/butter in this bowl.
3. Add the white sugar, whisk until dissolved.
4. Whisk in the milk.
5. Whisk in the cocoa, breaking up lumps first.
6. Remove from heat, take to preparation area.
7. Using a spatula, thoroughly mix in coconut and oatmeal. There should be no dry sections.
8 Portion onto pan.
Notes, tips and variations
If your macaroons are too crumbly, they have been overcooked.
Retrieved from “http://en.wikibooks.org/w/index.php?title=Cookbook:Chocolate_Macaroons&oldid=1265206”