Fish sauce or patis is a clear reddish brown liquid of fermented fish. High quality fish sauce with 13.6% protein content and fish paste (bagoong).
Fish Sauce or Patis
Fish of assorted species
Enzymes from micro-organisms
Fermentation vessels provided with stirrer
1. Wash assorted species of fish to free them from undesirable dirt.
2. Grind fish to facilitate hydrolysis of the protein constituent.
3. Place ground fish into clean fermentation vessels provided with stirrer.
4. Add appropriate amount of salt and mix uniformly to inhibit the growth of micro-organisms during fermentation.
5. Introduce enzymes obtained from micro-organisms of plant animals to fortify the natural endoenzymes present in the fish. Stir the mixture.
6. Adjust the pH requirement of the particular enzyme used.
7. Ferment for 13 days. Clean the digested mash by filtering. Bottle the clear reddish brown liquid as patis and the residue containing some insoluble protein as “bagoong.”
8. Fermentation is allowed to occur for 13 days. The digested mash is cleared and from the filtered clear reddish brown liquid is bottled as quality patis and the residue containing some insoluble protein as bagoong.
Business Registration Requirements
1. Business Name Certification
Department of Trade & Industry (DTI) within NCR
a. 12/F Trafalgar Plaza, 105 H.V. Dela Costa St., Salcedo Village, Makati City
Tel. No.: 811.8232 loc. 208
b. 2/F Park N’Ride, Lawton, P. Burgos Ave., Dr. Basa St. Ermita, Manila
Tel. No.: 536.7153
c. G/F Highway 54 Plaza, EDSA Mandaluyong City (across SM Megamall)
Tel. No.: 706.1767
d. 5/F Araneta Square Mall Monumento Circle, Caloocan City
Tel. No.: 332-0854 / 332-0829
DTI Provincial Office where the business is located or log on to www.bnrs.dti.gov.ph for online registration
Validity: 5 years
2. Mayor’s Permit/Residence Certificate
Municipal or City Office where the business is located
Validity: 1 year
3. Tax Identification Number (TIN)
Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)
National Office, Agham Road, Diliman, Quezon City
Tel. Nos.: 929.7676 / 927.2511
4. Bureau of Food and Drugs (BFAD)
Filinvest Corporate Center, Alabang, Muntinlupa City
Tel. No. 842.5606
Fax No. 807.0751