Pork sisig also refers to Sizzling sisig, a Filipino favorite pulutan made from chunks of chopped fried pork mixed with green chilis, onions and calamansi with cracked raw egg on top. Making pork sisig is a good addition to your carenderia or restaurant menu. Here’s how to make Sizzling Pork Sisig
You will be needing:
4 1/2 cups of Pig’s ears, broiled and chopped
1 cup Chicken liver, cut into small pieces
2 tsp refined salt for cleaning
1 cup Calamansi extract for cleaning
1 tsp refined salt
2 pcs. bay leaves
1 Tbsp Calamansi extract
4 1/2 Tbsp. onions chopped finely
1 tsp. ground pepper
2-3 pcs. siling labuyo
1/2 tsp MSG
1. The Pig’s ear should be thoroughly cleaned with salt and calamansi extract with plenty of water.
2. Boil till tender in water, salt and bay leaves.
3. When Pig’s ear is tender, broil over charcoal.
4. See to it that all portions are chopped in even sizes.
5. Season with calamansi extract, salt, pepper and MSG.
6. Add chopped broiled chicken liver and chop in even pieces the same as pig’s ear.
Source: Lourdes Rivera