It’s holiday time! Wondering what to prepare this holiday season for your entire family? Fret no more. Here are some mouth-watering Christmas recipes ideas you can try at home and wow your loved ones.
Holiday Pork Loin
This is perfect for serving at Christmas instead of ham, or even as a main dish when guests come over.
- 1 (4 pound) boneless pork loin roast
- 1 cup salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups boiling apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 pound ice
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbs black peppercorns, cracked
- Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 2 tbs light brown sugar
- 2 tsp dehydrated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup crushed ginger snap cookies
- Combine salt, honey, vinegar, and wine in a gallon size zip-top bag. Add ice and shake until ice is mostly melted and mixture has cooled down.
- Add pork loin and refrigerate 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Drain pork and pat dry. Discard remaining brine. Set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients except mustard. Brush pork with mustard and press spice mixture into all sides of meat.
- Place roast on a roasting rack in a roasting pan. Insert a probe thermometer into the center and bake at 410 degrees F until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F for medium rare.
- Remove to a plate and let rest 10 minutes before carving. Serve warm.
Retrieved from “https://en.wikibooks.org/w/index.php?title=Cookbook:Holiday_Pork_Loin&oldid=3013730”
20 pcs. big prawns, butterflied with head, shell and tail intact
10 pcs. squeezed calamansi
1 tbsp. chopped garlic and grated ginger sauteed in 250 g. melted butter
salt and pepper
To butterfly the prawns:
1. Remove the antennae and legs of the prawn
2. SLit the back of the prawn, devein and open.
1. Lay out the foil on a baking dish
2. Put the prawns on the foil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Drizzle with calamansi, melted butter mixture and soy sauce.
4. Top with spring onions.
5. Seal both ends of aluminum foil.
6. Bake in a 350oF oven for 15 minutes or until done.
7. Arrange in platter and serve.
1 whole large chicken
2 bundles lemongrass
2 pcs. saging na saba, quartered
1. Rub the skin and inside of the chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Rub the skin of the chicken with soy sauce.
3. Stuff the chicken with lemongrass and bananas.
4. Wrap the chicken tightly with an aluminum foil.
5. Roast in a 4000F oven for about an hour.
6. Open the foil and brown the skin until crisp.
7. May be served with vinegar, onions and pepper.
Bangus belly chicharon:
1 pc. large boneless bangus
1/2 sachet 8g. maggi magic sarap
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 liters vegetable oil (for frying)
2 tbsp. annato seeds
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 head garlic, minced
1 large onion, small diced
1 cup small diced tomatoes
1 cup flaked tinapa
1 cup peeled and deveined medium shrimp
6 cups cooked jasmine rice
1 1/2 sachet 8g. maggi magic sarap
1 tbsp. maggi savor classic
1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 cup halved shallots
1 pc. salted duck egg, sliced
3 pcs. tomatoes, quartered
2 tbsp. sliced spring onion
1. Cut off bangus belly from the bangus meat. Flake the meat and set aside. Cut the bangus belly into bite-size pieces. Season with 1/2 sachet of maggi magic sarap and coat with flour. Fry for 2 minutes in preheated oil. Strain and set aside.
2. Combine annato seeds and oil in a small pan. Gently heat for 5 minutes. Turn off heat and set aside to cool. Strain and set aside annato oil.
3. Pour annato oil in a large pan or a paellera. Saute garlic, onion and tomato for 2 minutes. Add flaked bangus meat and tinapa. Saute for 2 minutes. Add shrimp and saute for another minute.
4. Add rice and season with 1 1/2 sachet of maggi magic sarap, maggi savor classic and pepper. Gently fluff and cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Turn off heat and top with bangus belly chicharon, shallots, duck egg and tomato. Garnish with spring onion. Serve in the same pan.
1 whole pc pork knuckle (pata front), cleaned and stray hairs removed
1 bottle clear soda
3 bay leaves
5 cloves garlic, smashed
1 tbsp. rock salt
1 tsp. black peppercorns
garlic powder, to season
vegetable oil for shallow-frying
For the dipping sauce
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tbsp. soy sauce or to taste
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tbsp. chopped red onions
1 bird’s eye chili (siling labuyo), chopped
1. Make 3 deep slits on pork. Place pork in a deep casserole, together with soda, bay leaves, garlic, 1 tbsp. salt, and black pepper. Fill with water to cover pork. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer. Cook for 1 hour or until pork is fork tender.
2. Remove pork from casserole and discard water. Let pork cool on a wire rack.
3. Dry pork thoroughly with paper towels. Season generously with salt and garlic powder. wrap tightly in a plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
4. When ready to cook, heat oil in a deep, heavy-bottomed pot until oil reaches 3500F on a thermometer. Carefully place frozen pork in a pot. Cover pot with a lid splatter guard. Fry one side for 10 minutes or until golden and crisp.
5. Meanwhile, make the dipping sauce: Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Stir until sugar dissolves. Taste to adjust seasoning.
6. Carefully turn pork to cook the other side. Cover pot and fry for another 10 minutes or until golden and crisp.
7. Drain crispy pata on paper towels to remove excess oil. Transfer to a platter and serve with dipping sauce on the side.
Orange Velvet Salad
4 pcs. oranges
4 pcs. pears
1/4 cup simple syrup (combine 1/2 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup water, simmer until sugar dissolves and water turns syrupy)
1/4 tsp. almond extract
1 pack all-purpose cream
dark chocolate for toppings
1. Chill all-purpose cream for at least 2 hours. Slice oranges and pears.
2. In a bowl, combine all-purpose cream, syrup, and almond extract. Mix well.
3. Place ingredients in a bowl and top with dark chocolate shavings or chunks. Chill and serve cold.
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 pcs. eggs
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose cream
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup crushed pineapple
1 cup cream cheese
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose cream
1. Chill all-purpose cream for at least 2 hours.
2. Pre-heat oven to 3500.
3. Sift together first four ingredients in a bowl. Beat in eggs, sugar, chilled all-purpose cream and butter until well blended. Fold in nuts, carrots and pineapple. Pour in a foil-lined 9″ pan and bake for 55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
4. Frost with cream cheese frosting. Decorate with carrot candies, if desired.
To make frosting: beat cream cheese, chilled all-purpose cream and sugar until smooth.