How to make pork chicharon. Chicharon also called pork cracklings are usually made with different cuts of pork, but sometimes made with ram meat. The pork rind type is the skin of the pork after it has been seasoned and deep fried. Chicharon is usually eaten with vinegar or with bagoong, lechon liver sauce, or pickled papaya called atchara. Other chicharon variants are chicken chicharon, beef chicharon and fish chicharon.
2 pounds pork rind, cut into 1-inch squares
3 cups water
1 tablespoon salt
1 cup vegetable or corn oil
Pork Chicharon Dipping Sauce:
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3 cloves crushed garlic
patis or salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Procedure on how to cook pork chicharon:
1. Boil cut pork rind in water and salt for 30 minutes.
2. On an oven pan, spread the cooked pork rind and bake at 300 F for 3 hours.
3. Set aside and let cool.
4. Deep fry rinds in a skillet in hot oil over high heat until they puff up.
For pork chicharon dipping sauce: Combine all ingredients and mix well.
Pork Chicharon Recipe 2
1 kilo of pork skin
1 tsp salt
4 tbsp vinegar
MSG and pepper
1. Boil the pork skin in a sufficient amount of the prepared solution until tender
2. After boiling, cool and remove the fat portion
3. Slice into desired sizes
4. Dry under the sun until firm
5. Deep-fry at about 188 C and strain
6. Pack in plastic bags
Sources: pinoyrecipe.net, Industrial Technology Development Institute (DOST)
Search terms: chicharon recipe, how to make chicharon, how to cook chicharon, pork chicharon recipe, chicharon, homemade chicharon recipe, how to make pork skin chicharon, pork chicharon, how to cook pork chicharon, how to make pork chicharon philippines