Sapal is one of the many by-products of coconut. It is the coconut meat left after extracting the milk and it is rich in dietary fiber.
How to Make Coco Sapal Biscuit (Food Business) Recipe
• 2 cups flour
• 2 cups sepal
• 1/3 cup shortening
• ¾ cup brown sugar
• 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
• ½ tsp vanilla
• ½ tsp.salt
• 1/3 cup water
• Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
• Add vanilla to water and mix well
• Cream the shortening
• Add flour mixture alternately with vanilla and sepal, beginning and ending with the flour.
• Form into desired shapes.
• Bake at moderate heat for 10-15 minutes.
Source: Rita T. dela Cruz. Coconut flour from sapal; cheap and nutritious. Bar Chronicle. September 2003 Issue (Vol. 4 No. 10).