Make your old sotanghon recipe into a new one by adding sausage to attract kids. After all this will make a good food business idea.
Sotanghon with Sausage
200 grams sotanghon
1 pound pork sausage
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup celery, sliced
4 ½ cups water
1 cup uncooked long grain rice
2-3 tsps. Toasted garlic
2-3 pcs egg, beaten (optiona)
1. Soak sotanghon in hot water for 5 minutes. Drain immediately and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain. Remove meat and vegetables with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3. In the same skillet, combine the water, rice and soup mixes. Bring to boil. Reduce heat.
4. Cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until rice is tender.
5. Stir in sausage mixture and sotanghon. Heat through. Best served with toasted garlic on top.