Making soap at your own home is fun and a good business idea too. Making soap of your own is limitless. You can create your own specialty soaps with great scents in different shapes and colors. Example below is a soap recipe for white creamy laundry bar soap with the essence of citronella or other suitable essential oils.
Coconut oil (primary)
Caustic soda (35 Be) as saponifying agent
Sodium silicate as soap builder
Essential oils as perfume
Cylindrical soap mixer, pedal type (16 liters)
Moulder with cutter (71 5 cm. x 38 cm. x 3 cm )
Oil storage container, 20 kg capacity
Percolator, 1 gallon capacity
1. Five liters coconut oil is measured and transferred to a steel cylindrical soap mixer.
2. A volume of 2.3 liters of caustic soda is slowly added to the oil while stirring for 20 minutes.
3. 0.25 liters of sodium silicate and 0.02 liter essential oil are added and continuously mixed and stirred for 10 minutes.
4. The homogenous viscous soap mixture is poured into the moulder and is made to stand for seventy-two (72) hours at room temperature to complete saponification.
5. The soap is extruded from the mould and is divided into bars by passing through a wire cutter.
6. Soap bars are packed in polyethylene bags then into boxes for storage.
Soap making by cold process video from youtube
Source: Technology developed by: Industrial Technology Development Institute (DOST)Sponsored Links