Zagu Foods Corporation is one of the leading Pearl Shakes industries in the Philippines. Zagu was conceptualized and was turned into reality by a young enterprising lady with a degree in Food Science from the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada in April of 1999, with its first Authorized Dealer awarded in October 1999 in Manila, Philippines.
If you want to have your own pearl shake business with ease, why not try franchising Zagu pearl shake.
What’s in it?
- Instant Market
- Additional Source of Income
- Use of ZAGU Trademark and Logo
- Proprietary Recipes, Ingredients and Procedures
- High Profile National Presence
- Discount on Purchases
- Ongoing Training and Operational Support
- Marketing and Advertising Support
- Exclusive Product Distribution
- Contemporary Design and Decor Package
- Assistance with Site Selection
- Customized Operational System
- Continuous Research and Development
AUTHORIZED DEALERSHIP FEATURES
- P650, 000 – P850, 000 approximate investment package depending on the type of store operation.
- No Franchise fee, No Royalty Fee
- Will Carry the well established ZAGU trademark and logo
- Specially discounted price for purchases exclusively for Authorized dealer only
- Continued marketing support through event participation, Sponsorship and other marketing approach.
- High Profile National Preference
- No Defined territory
- Participation in events
- Zagu Standard Uniform
- Service Crew Training
What process is involved in the application?
It starts with completion of the Initial Questionnaire Form then followed by interviews, meetings, payment of cash bond, filling up of application form, submission of requirements, payment of package, signing of agreement and lastly training. (Kindly refer to Flowchart).
*Note – It will take approximately 15 – 30 days from the date of submission of Initial Questionnaire Form for the result of the Initial Evaluation.
How much is the investment to become a Zagu Authorized Dealer?
The approximate investment package is between P650, 000 – P850, 000 and business is already fully operational.
What are the types of ZAGU stores?
Two (2) types of stores namely:
Stall Roadside Stall
Kiosk Roadside Kiosk
How much is the royalty fee?
No Royalty fee.
What other expenses will I incur?
Initial Investment will highly depend on the expenses for the following:
I. Investment Package with Zagu (Inclusive of the following)
1. Operational expense
2. Cart Construction Cost
3. Equipment Package
4. Initial Inventory ( Good for 1 week)
5. Crew Uniform
8. Service Crew Training
II.Start-up Capital (Not included in the Investment Package)
9. Security Deposit
10. Advance Rental
11. Construction Bond
12. Government Permits (Business Permits, Mayor’s Permit,etc.)
Will ZAGU provide the location for us?
Authorized Dealers must look for their own location. ZAGU will only assist in the evaluation (Ocular Inspection) of the proposed location. We do not encourage our Authorized Dealer Applicants to reserve a location when they are still in the process of application. Reservation of a location is the sole risk of the Authorized Dealer and Zagu will not be liable in any way.
Are service crew included in the package?
No. The applicant will hire and provide its own service crew. Training will be conducted by ZAGU.
Can I operate more than one store?
Yes, ZAGU encourages multiple ownership. However, each store is treated separately.
How to Apply to become a Zagu Pearl Shake Dealer
1. Authorized Dealer (AD) Applicant must duly fill out and submit the initial questionnaire form.
2. AD Applicant will be thoroughly screened and evaluated based on his/ her accomplished Initial Questionnaire Form in order to be qualified and scheduled for the initial interview.
3. AD Applicant who qualifies in the first screening will be assessed by the initial interviewer.
4. After the initial interview, the applicant will be evaluated by the Initial Interviewer. Initial interviewer will recommend if the application is approved or disapproved. Sales Account Officer will inform the applicant of the result through mail and phone call.
PAYMENT OF CASH BOND
5. Once approved in the initial interview, AD applicant must pay Php10,000 in cash or dated cheque as cash bond.Cash Bond is fully refundable if the Zagu Outlet will cease operation and the Authorized Dealer Appointment Agreement is terminated.
COMPLETION AND SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM AND REQUIREMNTS
6. In order to proceed with his/ her application, the AD applicant must complete all necessary requirements requested during the initial interview. Incomplete requirements will result in the AD applicant’s application to be put on “HOLD”. Download here
8. This is the last interview of the AD applicant conducted by the Working Committee.
POST APPROVAL MEETING
9. Once application is approved, Expansion Division. will schedule the AD for a Post Approval Meeting,and will issue a Letter of Approval.
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSED LOCATION REQUIREMENTS/OCULAR INSPECTION/APPROVAL OF PROPOSED LOCATION
10. AD must submit proposed location together with Letter of Intent (LOI), photos and vicinity map of the said location. If proposed location is inside a mall, an endorsement letter for the establisbment will be issued upon request by the applicant, which will be valid 30 days from the date of issuance. An ocular visit to the proposed location will be scheduled accordingly. Once the proposed location has been approved, a Letter of Approval will be issued.
PAYMENT OF AD INVESTMENT PACKAGE/ SIGNING OF AD AGREEMENT
11. Standard AD Investment Package will be discussed and must be paid in full. (List of Initial Inventory and List of Equipment and Supplies are included in the package). Payment can be in cash or dated cheque only.
12. Authorized Dealer Agreement must be duly signed by AD. Once signed, it will be notarized by ZFC. AD will be given a copy of the Notarized Agreement.
CONSTRUCTION/FABRICATION (CART, KIOSK, STALL AND ROADSIDE)
13. Cart will be fabricated by ZFC. However, construction of Zagu roadside is optional. Construction can be handled by ZFC or AD but design & layout must be duly approved by ZFC.
COMPLETION OF OPERATING REQUIREMENTS
14. All necessary operating requirements must be secured and submitted to ZFC prior to start of operation.
15. Prior to opening of a Zagu outlet, Authorized Dealer must attend the Business Orientation to be scheduled by Sales Account Officer.
SERVICE CREW TRAINING
16. Training of service crew will be scheduled. Passing the training program is mandatory for all service crew prior to deployment and store opening.
FINAL OCULAR INSPECTION AND APPROVAL OF CONSTRUCTION
17. ZFC will inspect the Zagu outlet after construction for final approval. Standard specification for construction must be strictly followed.
PICK-UP OF STOCKS
18. Initial inventory, equipment, supplies and P.O.S materials may be picked up at the ZFC head office.
19. A realistic target opening date will be set. Opening date will be highly dependent on projected schedule of both parties.
SUBMISSION OF 1ST WEEK’S GROSS SALES
20. Expansion Division will monitor the Gross Sales of the 1st week of operation.
NOTE: For every interview, the applicant must be accompanied by their spouse if married or business partner/s if there’s any.
For Dealership you may contact
AUTHORIZED DEALER DEPARTMENT at this Nos.
Local: 150 OR 113
Mobile Number: 0918 – 8889248 (SMART) 0917- 8098043 (GLOBE) 0923-4563586 (SUN)