Jollibee was founded by Tony Tan Caktiong with its humble beginnings as a Magnolia Ice Cream Parlor at Cubao in late 1970’s which later grew as the largest fast food chain in the Philippines.
Jollibee is so well-loved everytime a new store opens, especially overseas, Filipinos always form long lines to the store. It is more than home for them. It is a stronghold of heritage and monument of Filipino pride.
FAQ’s on how to become a Jollibee Franchisee in the Philippines
What are the qualifications of a Jollibee franchisee?
- Following are qualifications Jollibee looks for in a franchisee:
- An entrepreneur who is self-driven;
- Knows how to motivate his people;
- Willing to devote time to oversee the day to day operation of his restaurant;
- Willing to undergo a full time training on restaurant operations;
- Ability to fund the investment requirement.
- How much is the investment required for a Jollibee restaurant?
The financial requirement depending on the final store size and facilities ranges from P35M to P55M.
- What is included in the investment?
The investment includes the construction of the store, kitchen equipment and facilities, furniture and fixtures, air-con system, signage, and pre-operating expenses.
- Does Jollibee provide financing for the franchise?
No. Jollibee does not provide any financing.
- If I don’t have a site or a location can I apply for a franchise?
Yes, you can still apply, but only applicants with applied sites will be processed by Jollibee for now. In the meantime, Jollibee will include you in its data bank of interested applicants without applied sites.
- Can a corporation apply for a franchise?
We award franchises to individuals only. Upon approval of the franchise, this individual can organize a corporation where he must have clear majority ownership.
- How much is the return on investment?
The restaurant profitability is dependent on several factors such as sales, market potential, investment and the ability of the franchisee to control his operating expenses. Other questions on financial viability will be discussed only during the interview process.
- What is the required lot size or floor area?
The size of the property required for a restaurant is dependent on the store model that will be developed in a particular market.
- How long is the training program?
The franchisee is required to successfully complete a 3-month full time Basic Operations Training Program (BOTP) at a designated training store.
- Who will provide the manpower to operate the restaurant?
Jollibee will assist the franchisee in the recruitment and training of its management team. However, this team will be employees of the franchisee who is responsible for their salaries and benefits while on training.
How to Apply for a Jollibee Franchise? Just follow these steps:
Download and print a copy of the Jollibee Franchise application form.
Please make sure to fill-out the form completely.
Prepare a proposal containing the following documents:
- Letter of Intent – containing the exact address of your proposed site, your exact mailing address, contact numbers, etc.
- Vicinity Map of Proposed Site – that will more or less guide our field personnel who will go there and conduct an on-site evaluation.
- Legal document certifying applicant’s ownership of the site (optional).
- Detailed resume or bio-data.
Mail these documents to:
JOLLIBEE FOODS CORPORATION
Franchising Services Department
5th Floor Jollibee Plaza
#10 F. Ortigas Jr. Road
Ortigas Center, Pasig City 1605
Upon receipt of application, submission of an application form does not obligate you or Jollibee in any way. It is just the first step in the application process, which is an evaluation of your proposed location.
Jollibee franchise ranges from Php 35-55 Million.
Details of investment cost, return of investments and other franchising details will be discussed with you once your application has been approved.