Chocolate chip muffins are individual sized quick bread product similar to cupcake but less sweet and no icing. This deliciously sweet chocolate chip muffin recipe makes an excellent breakfast, during tea time or at other meal time.
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup cocoa, sifted if lumpy
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/3 cup cooking oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine all-purpose flour, chocolate chips, sugar, cocoa, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Create a well in the center.
- Beat egg in a small bowl. Add milk, cooking oil, and vanilla. Stir and pour into well. Stir until just moistened.
- Grease 12 muffin cups with cooking spray. Fill cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400°F (205°C) for 20 minutes until golden.
Notes, tips and variations
– Taste best when still warm.
– If you don’t have cooking spray…simply use muffin cups (metal or paper work!)
– Try White Chocolate shavings on top, or even white Chocolate chips.
Retrieved from “http://en.wikibooks.org/w/index.php?title=Cookbook:Chocolate_Chocolate_Chip_Muffins&oldid=2166995”