School days are over but it would not stop us from preparing food items for our kids. I happened to see this family inspired recipe in Food Magazine. This would be a summer delight for our kids who are most of the time will crave food this no-school days. Plus this could be a bright food idea in your list of snacks to sell this summer.
White chocolate layer
• 240 grams white chocolate, chopped
• ½ cup butter
• 1/3 cup granulated sugar
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• 2 eggs
• 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
• ¾ teaspoon salt
• ½ cup ube powder
• ¾ cup all-purpose flour
• ¼ teaspoon baking powder
• ¼ margarine (or butter), softened
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 1 egg
• ¼ cup full cream milk (mixed with ½ teaspoon violet ube food color powder and ¼ teaspoon ube flavoring)
• ¼ cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Line 2 pieces 9×9 square pans with foil and grease well.
3. For the white chocolate layer:Melt the white chocolate with butter in a double boiler over simmering (not boiling) water. Stir occasionally till smooth. Remove from heat.
4. Mix in sugar and vanilla extract. Set aside briefly.
5. Meanwhile, in a mixer, beat eggs on medium speed until foamy.
6. With mixer on low speed, slowly drizzle warm white chocolate mixture over eggs. Combine well.
7. In a bowl, sift together flour and salt.
8. Fold into the white chocolate mixture using rubber scrapper.
9. Divide evenly into the two prepared pans. Set aside.
10. For the ube layer: In a bowl, sift ube powder with flour and baking powder. Set aside.
11. In another bowl, cream together margarine (or butter) and sugar until light.
12. Add egg and beat well.
13. Mix in full cream milk (with ube food color and flavor) and the water.
14. Fold dry ingredients into the creamy mixture.
15. Divide into two and pour mixture gently over white chocolate l layer. Spread evenly with a metal spatula.
16. 16. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
17. When done, cool on racks then decorate with more white chocolate, if desired.
18. Slice into bars or with round cookies cutters. Serve and enjoy.