Before we move into detail you should be first aware of what proctoring services actually means. So Proctoring or Proctored Test is defined as a mechanism to ensure the authenticity of the test taker and prevent him/her from cheating via a proctor is present during the duration of the test. A proctor therefore is a supervisor, or a person who monitors students during an examination. It can also refer to an officer who has disciplinary functions in certain universities.
So, a proctored exam is an exam given when someone is watching you so that the companies are more than confident when they think about recruiting employees by taking their tests. Companies can be sure about the fact that nobody can actually use any unfair means. And in that way even the candidates will be prepared in a better way and so even they will not be in any state to use any illegal means while they take their tests. And so by that way they will give it their best shot and be be prepared for what they are opting for. And the companies will find the best one from the ocean and they will very well know how deserving their candidates actually are. And with the right kind of employees of course the business will take the level of the sky. They will attain nothing but only success and that way business is sure to flourish. The rapid growth the expanding industry has created needs for various supporting technologies and one of the most talked technologies is the online proctoring services that is found and most talked about.
Let us now see why should companies opt for online proctoring services?
1. The first and the very important reason is the Fact that they provide with the advanced automated proctoring. And this is the most advanced form of proctoring and requires no manual intervention whatsoever. The best part here is the fact that these form of proctoring records the activities of the candidate while also monitoring the feed for red flags of any sort that would indicate malpractice using advanced audio and video analytics.
2. Secondly another great pros of it is that It is the least expensive of all these forms of proctoring since it eliminates the need for manual intervention and is scalable for the same reason. But certain online proctors go a step further by limiting the candidate logins to specific IP addresses and blocking the copy and paste option. And it further enhances the securing and the integrity of the test to be conducted.
3. Also this area is gaining significance in the business space to a humongous level. If it were not for e-learning then online video proctoring wouldn’t have become main stream. But then given what’s at stake for online course programs the demand for such a service has grown at a fast pace.
4. Now you must want to know about the proctor is in reality. So the answer is very simple that a proctor is a person who is trained and qualified to undertake student authentication and prevent them from doing any form of cheating. And here Online Testing has been around for last 20 years in different formats. The most common type of online test is an objective test which tests a candidate on their subject knowledge or is used to understand his or her learning ability or behavioral profile.
5. So now the point you must be thinking is that does not it have any cons? So the answer is yes. Like every coins have two sides, these kinds of services will also have some cons. The cons are much less than the pros provided to the companies. But what exactly are the problems with offline proctored tests or online tests without proctoring? So first is that providing a proctored exam center near the location of the test taker is a significant challenge for most companies administering any forms of tests?
6. And then also the Qualified Proctors are actually very hard to find. And it is also equally hard to ensure the quality of proctoring. And there are no records available to cross check whether the proctor did his/her job properly. Also the point being that there is limited supply of test centers or proctors also lead to extended test schedules.
7. Also given the fact that in such online proctoring test without proctoring, cases are often reported of impersonation and cheating. Candidates can either ask some else to take the test on their behalf or use methods of cheating like referring to a book, or by using their smart phones which is the most common thing to do or other devices to search for answers online or taking help from a friend.
8. But then with its reliable safety features such as facial recognition, keyboard, and facial movement analysis, online proctoring goes a long way in preserving the integrity of the examination conducted. And not just that, but these solutions require such laboriously elaborate set ups that even the most hardened people wanting to use unfair means have to give up. And also they would be encouraged to take it up.
9. And also with remote assessments becoming a norm, companies can assess and recruit talent irrespective of geographical constraints. However, unless these online assessments are proctored by a reliable proctor, there is no guarantee that the candidate who pulls off a brilliant performance during the assessment is the same one who is hired! Hence, it is crucial to verify the authenticity of the candidate who undertakes the assessment, and that is where online proctoring comes in handy. With its many stringent security measures in place, these tools ensure that the integrity of the assessment process is preserved.
And so in a nutshell giving this post a brief note, it can be said very safely that since its pros far outweigh its cons. So it would not be too long before online proctoring is synonymous with online recruitment. And hence the companies rely on these services to get the best for their companies because evidently the advantages are too very much in number and the technologies are anyway just getting better with advancement.