Food business idea: Onion rings are a type of fast food commonly found in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and other places.
The rings are made from slices of onion, coated with batter, breadcrumbs, flour, or other cooking substance and deep-fried until golden-brown and served as an appetizer. Here is one recipe:
5 medium white onions, sliced
1 cup milk
3 eggs, beaten
salt, to taste
2 cups powdered pancake mix
parsley sprigs, for garnish
1. Separate the sliced onions into rings.
2. Combine milk, eggs and salt to taste in mixing bowl.
3. Soak onion rings in mixture 30 minutes.
4. Place pancake mix in shallow bowl.
5. Remove onion rings from milk mixture then dip in pancake mix.
6. Deep-fry rings in 375°F (190°C) oil until golden brown.
7. Drain fried onion rings on paper towels.
To create an onion loaf, continue with the following steps:
1. Pack fried onion rings loosely, without pressing, into 8″ X 4″ loaf pan.
2. Bake in a 400°F (200°C) oven for 10-15 minutes.
3. Turn onto serving plate and garnish with parsley.