Hamonado is a special recipe especially during Christmas in the Philippines. Since Christmas is fast approaching, this recipe is also perfectly good idea for business.
This delicious Filipino Christmas delicacy comes from different recipes like pork hamonado, chicken hamonado, and pork-pina hamonado. Some ingredients may vary in other recipe but basically the cooking process is still the same.
Here is a hamonado recipe which uses buko juice to make this food item more flavorful.
1 kilo of pork or chicken (depends on your preferred cuts)
3 cups buko (young coconut) juice
3 tbsp calamansi juice
3 tbsp soy sauce
5 tbsp brown sugar
2 medium size onions
cheese cut into chunks
1. Bring into boil the meat using the buko juice.
2. When the meat becomes tender and half of the buko juice is gone, add the calamansi juice, sugar, onions and soy sauce into the pan.
3. Set aside to marinate pork for about 1 to 3 hours.
4. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Put cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve Hot.