If your passion is making people look good through various beauty services, getting into the beauty business may be a good investment!
Below are important things to consider in putting a salon business.
In a salon business, you must pick your location carefully.
– You won’t go wrong with choosing to put your salon in a mall.
– You’d also want to cater from Class A to C.
– Spend time looking for a good location and an area that would give you a comfortable size.
– It’s also a good idea to pick an area with lots of foot traffic if you think you’ll depend on walk-in clients.
It’s better to buy good used equipments
– If you prefer new supplies, shops like Hortaleza, HBC and Accessories and Beauty Equipment stock everything you are likely to need.
– It is also important to buy high-quality shampoos and chemicals for nail care, hair treatment and coloring to please your clients.
It’s always a must to recruit good people for your parlor.
– Your staff should have the technical expertise especially in hair coloring and styling using international standards as a benchmark.
– They have to undergo regular and constant training to update them on new products, hairstyles and customer service.
– Very important to travel abroad to attend some conventions / seminars. Continuous research is very important to know the latest trends.
– Think how can you innovate!
4. Cost Breakdown
To put up a 50-60 sq. meter salon in a mall, be prepared with at least 3 to 3.5 million pesos!
– Construction plus interior
– Rental payment (rental in malls costs P70 to P75 thousand pesos a month)
– Deposit payment
– Advance payment
– Equipment (mirror, chairs, scissor, blower, other gadgets)
– Supply (shampoo, chemicals, etc.)
– Business permit is one of the highest expenses ranging from P100 – P200 thousand pesos
List of Basic Salon Equipments and Materials
– Shampoo chair w/ ceramic bowl
– Hydraulic chair
– Stylist stool
– 4-layer trolly
– Manicure table
– Hair steamer
– Infrared stand
– Footspa machine
– Footspa chair
– Waiting chair/sofa
– Mirror (65 x 100 m)
– Naylon cape
– Barber’s scissor
– Thinning scissors
– Hair comb (narrow)
– Hair comb (wide)
– Barber’s brush
– Hair clippers
– Hair brush
– Hair blower
– Hair rollers/curlers
– Hair benders
– Hair towels
– Hair cap
– Heating cap
– Hair Iron
– Ear pads
– Heated curlers
– Nail cutters
– Nail file
– Nail brush
– Nail nippers
– Face towels
– Frosting cap
– Nail buffers
– Foot scrubbers
– Foot file
– Pumice sponge
List of Basic Salon Supplies
– Hot oil
– Hair coloring
– Hair shampoo
– Hair conditioner
– Treatment (rebond)
– Foot soak
– Foot soap
– Foot scrub
– Foot massage cream
– Foot lotion
– Cuticle remover
– Base coat polish
– Colored nail polish
– Top coat polish
Business Registration Requirements
Business Name Registration
Visit Department of Trade & Industry (DTI)
Provincial Office where the business is located or log on to www.bnrs.dti.gov.ph
Mayor’s Permit/Resident Certificate & Sanitary Permit
From The Local municipality where the business is located
Tax Identification Number (TIN)
Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) National
Office, Agham Road, Diliman, Quezon City
Trunkline: (632) 981.7000 / 981.8888
SSS Special Financing Program
Social Security System (SSS)
Loans and Investment Office
SSS Building, East Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City
Tel. Nos.: (632) 920.6401 / 920.6446
Small & Medium Enterprise Credit
Phil. Business for Social Progress
18th Flr., Phil. Social Dev’t. Center,
Magallanes cor. Real St. Intramuros, Manila
Tel. Nos. (632) 527.7741 to 51 or 527.3751
Fax No. (632) 527.3743
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
People’s Credit Finance Corporation
395 Sen. Gil Puyat Ave. Makati City
Tel. Nos. (632) 897.8549 / 897.5822
Fax No. (632) 897.8523 / 897.8528
DTI-Cottage Industry Technology Center (CITC)
20 Russet St., SSS Village, Makati City
Tel. Nos.: (632) 942.0880 / 942.3974
Technology Resource Center (TRC)
2/F Jacinta II Bldg., EDSA Guadalupe, Makati City (beside Metro Manila Development Authority-MMDA)
Tel. Nos.: (632) 727-6205
Technical Education and Skills Development Authority for Women Center (TESDA-WC)
37 East Services Rd. South Superhighway, Taguig City
Telefax. Nos.: (632) 818.8062
Trunkline: (632) 814.4076 loc. 278
Have you been dreaming of owning your salon? With this insider know-how, you can make that start!
Source: Lucy Britannico (Hairshaft Salon), dti.gov.ph
from Hanep Buhay, gmanews.tv