Banana cakes are baked goods made from mashed banana, flour, sugar, leavening agents, milk, eggs, shortening, and flavoring. Baking banana cakes can be a good source of income. During special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries and parties, you could make an additional income if you know how to bake a cake yourself.
1/2 cup butter
2 cups sifted flour
1 1/2 cups refined sugar
2 whole eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup mashed banana (lakatan/bungulan)
1 tsp. vanilla flavor
1/2 cup sour milk (add 1 tbsp. of vinegar to evaporated milk to make 1/2 cup)
1. Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together. Set mixture aside.
2. Cream butter and add sugar gradually. Cream well.
3. Add eggs one at a time and beat well.
4. Add mashed banana and vanilla, then mix well.
5. Beat dry ingredients alternately with milk until it becomes smooth.
6. Pour into an 8″x8″x2″ pan lined with wax paper. Level off batter with a rubber scraper.
7. Bake in an oven preheated at 350oF for 45 minutes or until done.
8. Cool cake.