Food Business idea: Blueberry muffins are a pastry common in many parts of the world.
1¾ cups (420g) flour
? cup (65 g) sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
¾ cup (180ml) milk
¼ cup (60ml) cooking oil
¾ cup (180ml) blueberries, fresh or frozen
1. Grease muffin cups or line with paper cups; set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200c).
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center of the mixture and set aside.
4. In a small bowl, combine beaten egg, milk, and oil. Add this mixture all at once to the flour mixture. Fold in blueberries and stir just until combined. Do not overstir.
5. Spoon batter into prepared cups, filling each about two-thirds.
6. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden. When a wooden toothpick is inserted near the middle, it should come out clean.
7. Remove from muffin cups and let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
Notes and Tips
– The mixture should be lumpy after stirring. Otherwise, the muffins will be tough.
– Leaving the muffins in the muffin cups can make them soggy.
– To make jumbo muffins, reduce the temperature to 350° (180c) and bake for 30 minutes.
– To make mini muffins, bake for about 10 minutes at 400° (200c)