Saba con yelo is a simple cooling summer dessert made with sweetened saba banana, topped with shaved ice and milk. Making saba con yelo at home is a good business idea to start to have an extra income for home stay mom and dads. Here’s a simple saba con yelo recipe you can start.
12 saba bananas- peeled and sliced into two
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup water
1 tbsp. corn syrup
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups evap milk
1. In a saucepan, combine bananas, white sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup and water.
2. Boil over medium heat without stirring and allow to simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes or until syrup turns thick.
3. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
4. Cool completely.
5. To assemble dessert, place about 1 cup of shaved ice in a bowl.
6. Top with 2-3 slices of bananas with some syrup.
7. Pour evap milk
8. Serve immediately.