Sago’t gulaman is a combination of sago (tapioca pearls), diced gulaman (gelatin), and crushed ice with sweet syrup. It is also a popular cooling foods of Filipinos during summer months. You can also make money in making sago’t gulaman and sell it to your neighbors and friends.
Here’s a simple sago’t gulaman recipe
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup water
1/8 tsp. banana essence
1 cup diced red gulaman
1 cup sago
8 cups crushed ice
1 1/2 to 2 cups evap milk
1. Combine brown sugar and water in a saucepan.
2. Cook over medium heat for about 10 to 15 minutes until syrup has turned slightly thick.
3. Remove from heat. Cool and stir in banana essence.
4. Set aside
5. Divide gulaman and sago in 8 glasses.
6. Add 1 cup crushed ice per glass.
7. Pour about 3 tablespoons to 1/4 cup evap milk and 2 tablespoons of prepared syrup according to desired sweetness.
8. Serve immediately