How to Make Nilagang Baka (Boiled Beef and Vegetables in Broth)
Nilagang baka is a boiled beef and vegetables in broth. There are many versions or ways on how to cook nilagang baka depending on the availability of the ingredients used. Below is another version on how to make nilagang baka for your family.
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (whole)
- 1 onion (quarter-sliced)
- 1 potato (quarter-sliced)
- 1 cabbage (quarter-sliced)
- 2 pieces of Chinese cabbage
- 1 corn cob (quarter-sliced)
- 2½ kg. beef ribs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 onion chives
- 2 pieces of saba
- Boil beef till tender along with pepper, onion, salt, corn, & potato.
- Slice onion chives to 3-in. strips. Put it alongside boiling beef.
- Slice saba into half. Put it alongside boiling beef.
- Serve in one large bowl or individual serving bowls.
- Serve with rice on the side.