Tocino is just one of the many Filipino all-time favorite during morning meals. However, tocino is not only served during breakfast, you can have it during snacks, lunch or dinner. Aside from the delicious taste of tocino, it will also give you an idea of having a simple home business. Making your own tocino at home is very easy. Just follow the following steps below. Enjoy!
4 kilos pork round or shoulder butt———-P 640.00
4 teaspoons phosphate———————– P 2.00
1 cup water
1/2 cup rock salt—————————— P 5.00
2 teaspoon curing salt———————— P 1.00
3 cups sugar———————————- P 18.00
1/4 cup crushed garlic———————– P 10.00
1/2 cup anisado wine————————- P 5.00
1 cup pineapple juice————————- P 15.00
red food color, optional———————– P 1.00
2 tablets ascorbic acid, crushed—————P5.00
1. Slice the pork across the grain. 1/4-inch thick pieces. Set aside in the refrigerator.
2. dissolve phosphate in water.
3. in a non reactive bowl, combine rock salt, curing salt and phosphate solution. mix well. add sliced pork and toss to coat meat completely.
4. add the remaining 6 ingredients and mix until well-blended.
5. cure at room temperature for 8-10 hours or in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
6. pack in a polyethelene bags. freeze until needed.
Calculate for capital cost
TOTAL COST———- 859
COST PER PACK —– 85.00 (10 PACKS OF 1/2 KILO EACH)
total cost per pack ——-P137.00
total profit——- 541.00 (total sales less total cost)