Tocino and longganisa are two Filipino all-time favorite during morning meals. However, these two food items are not only served during breakfast but favorite also. But some tocino and longganiza are sold in a much expensive price while others comes cheaper but does not hold your taste. Aside from the delicious taste of tocino and longganisa, it will give you a simple home-made business.
4 kilos pork round or shoulder butt———-P 640.00
4 teaspoons phosphate———————– P 2.00
1 cup water
1/2 cup rock salt—————————— P 5.00
2 teaspoon curing salt———————— P 1.00
3 cups sugar———————————- P 18.00
1/4 cup crushed garlic———————– P 10.00
1/2 cup anisado wine————————- P 5.00
1 cup pineapple juice————————- P 15.00
red food color, optional———————– P 1.00
2 tablets ascorbic acid, crushed—————P5.00
1. Slice the pork across the grain. 1/4-inch thick pieces. Set aside in the refrigerator.
2. dissolve phosphate in water.
3. in a non reactive bowl, combine rock salt, curing salt and phosphate solution. mix well. add sliced pork and toss to coat meat completely.
4. add the remaining 6 ingredients and mix until well-blended.
5. cure at room temperature for 8-10 hours or in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
6. pack in a polyethelene bags. freeze until needed.
Calculate for capital cost
TOTAL COST———- 859
COST PER PACK —– 85.00 (10 PACKS OF 1/2 KILO EACH)
total cost per pack ——-P137.00
total profit——- 541.00 (total sales less total cost)
Search terms: how to make tocino, tocino recipe, how to make longganisa, homemade tocino, homemade longganisa recipe, how to make homemade tocino, how to make homemade longganisa, how to make longganisa for business, tocino making, homemade longganisa