DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (DOST)
Bicutan, Taguig, Metro Manila
Program Title: SMALL ENTERPRISE TECHNOLOGY UPGRADING PROGRAM (SET-UP).
SET-UP is a nationwide strategy to encourage and assist SMEs to adopt technological innovations to improve their operations and thus boost their productivity and competitiveness. The program enables firms to address their technical problems through technology transfer and technological interventions to improve productivity through better product quality, human resources development, cost minimization and waste management, and other operation related activities.
SET-UP hopes to assist SMEs improve their productivity and competitiveness through:
* Infusion of new/advanced technologies to improve operations of SMEs;
* Manpower training, technical assistance and consultancy services;
* Design of functional packages;
* Assistance in the establishment of product standards including testing;
* Database management system; and,
* Provision of limited funds for technology acquisition.
Industry Sectors Covered:
* Food Processing;
* Gifts, Decors and Handicrafts;
* Marine and Aquatic Resources;
* Horticulture (cut flowers, fruits and high value crops); and,
* Metals and Engineering.
* Any company or individual firm based in the Philippines and wholly owned by Filipino citizens.
* Any small and medium scale business firm that can be classified under the identified priority sectors.
* Individual firm that is willing to apply technological improvements in their existing operations.
* Comprehensive project proposal to include aspects on technical, marketing, management/administrative, financial, and waste disposal;
* Endorsement of the DOST Regional Director;
* Executive Report prepared and signed by all members of the Review and Technical Evaluation Committee (RTEC) and duly noted by the Regional Director;
* Proponent’s letter of interest to avail of financial assistance and commitment to payback including their proposed repayment schedule;
* Copy of business permits and licenses from relevant LGUs and other government offices to include Certificate of Registration of Business Name with DTI, SEC or CDA;
* Financial statements of at least the past three (3) years for the company/beneficiary duly signed by a Registered
* Projected financial statements for the next five (5) years;
* Board Resolution authorizing the borrowing and designating authorized signatories for the financial assistance (if applicable);
* Three (3) quotations from suppliers/fabricators of the equipment to be purchased/fabricated; and,
Complete technical design/drawing of the equipment to be purchased/fabricated.
DR. CAROL M. YOROBE
Assistant Secretary and Officer-in-Charge
Office of the Undersecretary for Regional Operations
Department of Science and Technology
Phone: (632) 837.7531; 837.2071 to 82 local 2032
Telefax: (632) 837.2944; 837.7531