Quickbooks is one of the best accounting software at present. A large number of large and small corporations and production companies use it for effective accounting solutions for their businesses. Since it is heavy software that uses different metrics for managing multiple accounts of your company, some basic errors are eminent. However, these errors can be solved easily if you do the necessary changes in the software of windows settings.
Most of these errors are compatibility errors that can be solved by eliminating the compatibility issue. One of such errors of Quickbooks appears as Error Code -6123, 0. The error message is “Problem Connecting to the Server. Quickbooks cannot open your company file.” In this article, we will tell you how to fix the QuickBooks Error code 6123, 0 by following a few easy steps and using different methods.
So, if you see the error 6123,0 on your screen while opening Quickbooks from your desktop, you don’t need to worry, as we have got you covered. We have devised working and effective solutions for this issue. In this write-up, we will walk you through QuickBooks Error code 6123, 0 solutions and tell you how to fix it by modifying your company files or closing some programs.
Factors causing the Quickbooks error -6123,0
Different errors that occur in Quickbooks have different reasons. The QuickBooks error – 6123 may occur due to one of the following issues
- A port is being blocked by your system’s firewall, which is needed to communicate with the server hosting the company file
- Quickbooks system files are damaged / QWB files are damaged
- Data related to the Quickbook is corrupted
- Program files related to the Quickbooks is damaged or corrupted
- Multiple Quickbooks databases are running on your system
- The company file you are trying to access is open in another newer version of QuickBooks software
- A backup of QuickBooks has been restored from a removable storage device or a flash device
- The user files of the current windows user are corrupted
- The windows registry for Quickbooks is corrupted
Working methods and steps to resolve and fix the Quickbooks error Error code 6123, 0
Here are the top working methods with step by step description to be used for fixing the error 6123, 0 of the QuickBooks
Method 1: Downloading and installing the Quickbooks Tool Hub
Quickbooks tool hub is an application from Intuit Quickbooks that helps in resolving common QuickBooks errors. However, experts suggest that a QuickBooks user should go for Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit for the best experience.
- Close QuickBooks
- It is recommended that you download the latest version of the Quickbooks Tool Hub. While downloading the QB Tool Hub make sure that you download it in a different folder that is easily accessible to you. (Like the download folder of your Windows)
(*Note: If you have the Quickbooks Tools Hub, you can upgrade it to the latest version easily. For that, you can click on the Home tab and locate the version of your software at the bottom right of the window. Alternatively, you can navigate to the about section of the Quick books tool hub window.)
- Now, navigate to the folder where you have downloaded the Quickbooks Tool Hub and double click on the downloaded file to initiate the installation
- Next, a window will open, follow the steps that appear on the screen to agree to the Terms and conditions and install the software
- Once the installation is complete, click on the Finish to close the installation window.
- Now, double click on the Quickbooks Tool Hub icon on your desktop to launch the software
*Note: If you don’t find the icon on the desktop, then open the start menu and search Quickbooks Tools Hub
- Once you have opened the QuickBooks Tool hub, run the QuickFix my Program. Once the analysis is available, click on the Program Problems
- The QuickFix my Program will analyze in several minutes. (It can take longer if you have multiple versions of Quickbooks installed on your PC)
- Wait until it’s finished
- Check if the Quickbooks error -6123, 0 is fixed or not by opening the Quickbooks application on your desktop
- Most probably, the error would have been rectified.
However, if you still see the Quickbooks error 6123 0 popping up when you open the software, then you can download Quickbooks file doctor, if it still persists then head for step 3.
- If the error is still not solved then you will have to use the File Doctor
- select Company File Issues in the QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Further, locate the QuickBooks File Doctor select it, and Run it
- Once the Quickbooks file doctor opens, select your company file. You can do this from the ? drop-down option.
- If you are unable to locate it, then you will have to browse/search your computer for the file.
- The file is named ‘YourCompanyName.qwb’
- Once located, select check your file and press continue
- You will be asked for the Quickbooks admin password, enter it when prompted
- Click continue and wait until the Quickbook File Doctor has completed repairing the file
- When the repair is finished select your company from the list and then select the open QuickBooks option
- You will now be able to open your company file without any issue.
- Make sure to create a backup of the company file to avoid any further loss of data
If the error persists, you don’t have to worry about the company data, the official team of Intuit QuickBooks will help you retrieve it if needed.
Method 2: Using Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool
This is an easy method and all you have to do is, install and run Quickbooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
- On your main System, the Host PC, check my network connection
- Install the Quickbooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
- Follow the steps, and once the process is finished try opening the Quickbooks this might solve the connection error most probably.
However, if you still see the error, follow the below-mentioned method.
Method 3: Fixing the damaged data file
After trying Method 1 and 2, if the QuickBooks error 6123 0 still occurs then follow the steps mentioned below to fix the network data file.
- Navigate To the start menu, open it and click explore
- Check your company file and press right-click on the company file having ‘.ND’ extension
- Rename the file from ‘YourCompanyFile.nd’ to ‘YourCompanyFile.ndold’
To switch to multiple user mode, you will have to follow the below-mentioned points
- Navigate to the ‘File’ menu option
- Locate the ‘Utilities’ tab under it
- Once you click on it, another drop-down menu will appear
- In the menu under the utilities, click on ‘Host Multi-user access’
- Next, Go to the ‘File’ menu tab
- Under the file menu, click on ‘Switch to Multi-User Mode.’
It is important to note that if there is an issue that despite following all steps and solutions available is not resolved, you can always reach out to the official Intuit Quickbooks Support. If you have a valid software license, be assured that they will resolve it.
We hope that you don’t have to reach out to the official QuickBooks support and the above-mentioned methods were enough to get your back to work on your accounting. Most of the errors are rectified like this or by updating your Quickbooks software. This is all from us, stay connected for more such information.