Burong isda is a product from salted fish with fermented rice.
1 kilo fish (dalag or hito)
2/3 cup salt
3 1/3 cup rice
6 2/3 cup water angkak
Preparation of the fish
1. Remove scales from the fish
2. Slice from head to tail, clean, wash and drain excess water completely
3. Salt and cover the fish to prevent flies from laying eggs. Allow to stand for two hours
Preparation of rice
1. Cook the rice and cool, then blend with angkak to develop a characteristic flavor and to impart an appetite stimulating color.
2. Pack salted fish in a mixture of salt, rice and angkak into a jar.
3. Cover the jar with plastic bag to exclude air. Ferment for 7-10 days. Fermentation gives a pinkish color to the mixture.
1. Saute the fermented mixture with garlic and onions.
2. Fish flesh is soft and the originally hard bones becomes tender like a cartilage after it is cooked.
Source: Industrial Technology Development Institute (DOST)
Related search terms:
- how to make burong isda
- burong isda
- burong isda recipe
- how to make burong kanin
- burong kanin recipe
- burong kanin
- how to make burong isda recipe
- burong isda making
- how to make burong mustasa
- burong mustasa