Barbecue Chicken Recipe. Here’s an easy BBQ chicken recipe that you can try at home.
2 each chicken thighs, legs, and breasts
1 cup salt
1 quart water
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
1 quart salt-free chicken broth
1 cup tomato paste
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp smoked paprika
1 1/2 tsp each dried rosemary and dried thyme
1 1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tbsp coarsely ground black pepper
2 tbsp dark brown sugar
1. Combine all brine ingredients in a 2-gallon zip-top bag. Insert chicken and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Combine sauce ingredients and bring to a boil over medium high heat until reduced by 1/2.
3. Quickly swab the grill with an oiled towel tied with twine to lube.
4. Combine Rub ingredients and massage all over chicken. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Grill chicken over a preheated charcoal grill, turning often, for 10 minutes. Cook, turning often and brushing with sauce when turned, until internal temperature reaches 165° in the breast and 170° for the dark meat.
6. Cover with foil and let rest 7 minutes. Meanwhile, boil remaining sauce for 5 minutes and place in a squirt bottle. Serve chicken with sauce on the side.
Retrieved from “http://en.wikibooks.org/w/index.php?title=Cookbook:Barbecue_Chicken&oldid=1694306”