Pancit Lumpia is made of sotanghon a type of transparent noodle, shrimps and vegetables. This is a good food business idea to make additional money in your pocket. This is an easy to make finger-food that you can sell during snack, lunch or dinner time.
• 250 grams sotanghon
• Water for soaking sotanghon
• 3 tbsp. oil
• ½ head of native garlic, crushed
• 1 big onion, peeled then sliced into small cubes
• 250 grams small shrimps, peeled
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 1 small carrot
• 250 grams baguio beans, thinly sliced
• ½ medium-sized cabbage, thinly sliced
• 40 pcs lumpia wrappers
• Soak sotanghon in water. When soft, cut into 3-inch section.
• In a ore-heated casserole with oil, sauté garlic and onion. Add shrimps, salt and pepper. Cover for a while.
• Add the sliced carrots, beans and cabbage. Mix well.
• Add sotanghon. Mix well.
• Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Cool completely.
• Place 1 ½ tablespoons of the mixture on a sheet of lumpia wrapper, along the edge closest to you. Fold the edge over the mixture and roll once. Fold both sides inwards and towards the center. Roll again, away from you, all the way to the opposite edge. Seal with water.
Pancit Lumpia Sauce
Mix fish sauce, vinegar, 2 tablespoons water, crushed ginger, crushed garlic, and sugar, to taste.