A natural high fiber food with a unique texture, nata makes a versatile ingredient -main dishes, juices, ice cream, yogurt, salads, desserts, bakery items and whatever else the creative mind can concoct!
Nata de Coco
1. Get 1/2 nori and put on a maki mat.
2. Put sushi rice all over nori.
3. Add mayonnaise, mango, nata de coco and roll the maki mat slowly and slice into six pieces.
Fruit Juice with NATA DE COCO
Nata de Coco, shredded or cubelets
1. Add nata de coco to fruit juice
2. Add ice and mix.
Nata and Gelatin Delight
1 1/2 cups Nata de Coco
8 cups water
2 bars gelatin, red
2 cup sugar
4-5 tbsp. cherry syrup
1 cup coconut cream
1/2 cup Nata de Coco cubes
6 pcs whole cherries
1. In a saucepan, combine gelatin, sugar and water. Heat until gelatin dissolves.
2. Cool a little. Pour in coconut cream and mix.
3. Using a cake molder with a hole at the center, put the nata de coco at the bottom, pour the gelatin and cool until firm.
4. Invert in round container. Put the nata de coco, cherries and cherry syrup on top.
Halo-halo with NATA DE COCO
Nata de Coco
Red mung bean
White kidney beans
Sugar palm fruit
1. Put all the ingredients in a tall glass.
2. Top with ice and pour milk as desired. Add ice cream for variety.
3. Gently mix the ingredients and enjoy the delicious concoction of flavors.
Stuffed Chicken Leg
10 pcs. leg of chicken
50 g chopped onions
1/2 kilo ground pork
100 g carrots, finely chopped
3 pcs. eggs
100 g. ham, coarsely chopped
2 pcs. cheese, coarsely chopped
Nata de Coco cubes
1. Debone chicken leg. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Mix together onions, ground pork, carrots, eggs, ham, cheese and nata de coco.
3. Stuff the mixed ingredients into chicken legs. Roll in flour. Dip in beaten egg and finally in breadcrumbs. Deep fry. Serve hot.
Seaweed with NATA DE COCO
1/2 kilo lettuce
1/2 kilo seaweed
1 kilo mussels, blanched and shelled
1/4 kilo tomato, wedged
1 cup coconut milk
1 bottle Nata de Coco cubes
10 g. red/ green pepper
10 g. onions, coarsely chopped
2 cups vinegar
70 gms. ginger, finely chopped
1. Combine nata de coco with red/green pepper and onions.
2. Blend vinegar and coconut milk and use as dressing.
3 Arrange seaweeds, mussels and tomato wedges on lettuce leaves. Serve with chilled dressing.