How to Preserve Tomatoes
1. Select tomatoes that are mature and ripe, but firm. Wash them very well.
2. Dip in boiling water for about one half to one minute or steam for 2-3 minutes.
3. Dip in tap water to remove the peel easily. Remove the core as well.
4. Arrange the tomatoes in a jar compactly, but with a spare of about one centimeter from the rim.
5. Do not add water. Add in ½ teaspoon salt and 1/3 teaspoon lime in the jar.
6. Remove the air from the jar place this in a casserole and heat at 77°C for about 15 minutes. The level of water should be only 2/3 of the height of the jar to prevent the water from entering the jar.
7. Close the jar well and boil in water for 35 minutes.
8. Cool, store.
Source: FNRI (DOST)