Most people are not knowledgeable about fitness and exercise and therefore are often deprived from the benefits of exercising on a regular basis. There is much more to know beyond the definitions of fitness, lifting a few weights in your home or trying out some equipment of a nearby community center or even becoming a member of the local health club.
You must first understand that regular exercise is much similar to brushing your teeth regularly and getting enough sleep. All three are essential for your overall well-being and all of these are only attainable if you are diligent. Benefits of these good habits even if it is small will help you to reap rich and highly paying rewards for many years to come.
For argument sake
For the sake of argument, you may say that you exercise regularly when you do your housework or walk to your office or any other physical activity. All these involve movement, expansion and contraction of muscles, which all exercise is about. True. But if water is same, why don’t you drink sea water?
- Exercise is a detailed procedure of physical activity. It is planned, strategic and purposeful. Therefore, workouts in a health club, running cycling or swimming, playing soccer, golf or tennis are special and strategic activities that can be termed as exercises.
- On the other hand, daily physical activities are much more moderate in intensity. You may have certain health benefits through physical activity such as cardiovascular fitness but not enhanced fitness since it is not vigorous and not continued for a long time.
If you rely only on physical activity, at your leisure hours, you will have to look for reliable sites such as pharmaquotes.com to get more information on medicines sold at discounts in different stores to stay fit.
Understanding the intensity
You must know how to differentiate between moderate and intense exercise. The rule of thumb says, if you can talk while exercising, it is moderate but if you have to stop after a few words to catch your breath, it is intense.
It also depends on the level of your fitness. For some a game of doubles tennis or badminton can be moderate and a singles’ game strenuous, but for others even doubles’ game can drive out all energy from within.
Therefore, moderate or intense exercise is not about your choice of activity but it is all about the amount of exertion it needs.
Machineries of physical fitness
All exercise programs are customized according to the need and ability of the individual. While including the elements into the design the following components are considered:
- Cardio-respiratory endurance: This includes aerobic exercises such as brisk walking, running, jogging, cycling, rowing, swimming, jumping rope, or cross-country skiing.
- Muscular strength: This includes lifting weights such as dumbbells, barbells and weight machines.
- Muscular endurance: These are conditioning exercises involving calisthenics, weight training, running or swimming.
- Flexibility: It involves stretching exercises, yoga or Pilates.
Though physically active lifestyle may help you achieve these results, an exercise program will expedite the process.
Author Bio: This Guest post is written by Sujain Thomas, She is a freelance writer. She has written a unique and very interesting article on various categories and currently associated as a blogger with https://pharmaquotes.com/