Chicken nuggets are well-loved to prepare by busy moms for their children because it’s easy to make, affordable and delicious! The ingredients basically include chunks of chicken meat, egg, spices and breadcrumbs.
This chicken nugget recipe can also be prepared in Chicken Embutido style. Steam for 30 minutes. Slice into rounds before serving. Here’s the recipe for homemade chicken nuggets.
600g ground chicken
1/4 cup minced onions
1/2 tsp. chopped dried rosemary
3 tbsp. minced garlic
1/4 cup minced carrots
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
3/4 cup flour
2 tbsp. cornstarch
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup water
2/3 cup flour
1 cup breadcrumbs
oil for deep-frying
1. Pre-heat oven to 350oF. Line a 9×7 baking pan with foil or parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, mix chicken, onions, rosemary, garlic, carrots, egg, flour and seasonings. Blend well.
3. Press unto prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes. Let cool and slice into nugget-size serving pieces.
4. To make the batter: In a bowl, combine flour , cornstarch, egg, water and salt. Mix until well-blended and smooth.
5. Dredge nuggets in remaining flour and shake off the excess.
6. Dip each nugget onto prepared batter then dredge on the breadcrumbs.
7. Deep-fry in hot oil until golden brown in color. Drain in paper towels to remove excess fat before serving.