Food business idea: Sushi/Gimbap making
Gimbap is a popular snack or lunch dish in Korea. Its primary ingredients are rice (bap) and nori (kim, sheets of dried seaweed).
Tuna, ham, sausage, or any kind of cooked meat
Sesame oil and seed
Bamboo gimbap rolling mat (gimbap mari)
1. Steam rice.
2. Cut radish lengthwise, about 1 cm thick.
3. Boil water and put spinach into it. Boil for about 10 seconds. Take out and wash with cold water. Squeeze all the water out, then season it with salt, sesame oil, and sesame seed.
4. Shred carrots to about 2 in. (5cm) long. Stir-fry it with salt, pepper, and vegetable oil. (Note: You don’t have to cook it all the way.)
5. Crack about 4-5 eggs into a little bowl. Mix. Add salt/pepper. Fry, then cut lengthwise about 1 cm thick.
6. Mix rice, 2 tbsp of oil, and sesame seed together. Place bamboo on flat surface and place seaweed on top. Spread the seasoned rice on top of seaweed and place each ingredient on top of that in long strips. Roll it, and use the bamboo to tighten ingredients together.