Pandesal is a Spanish word for “salt bread”. It is a rounded bread usually eaten by Filipinos during breakfast. It is made of flour, eggs, lard, yeast, sugar, and salt. It has a soft, powdery texture, and is eaten in a number of ways combined with sandwich spreads. Despite the literal meaning of its name, the taste of pandesal varies from bland to slightly sweet.
Estimated Investment Cost
One of the methods in bread making is the straight-dough method. The procedures are simple and can be done in your own home.
1. Preheat oven at 175oC.
2. Mix all ingredients.
3. Knead the dough, place in bowl, cover with damp cheesecloth and leave for two hours.
4. Punch dough to remove air.
5. Divide the dough into 16 equal portions (about 550 g. per piece).
6. Form each dough piece with approximate length of 30 inches and roll in breadcrumbs.
7. Rest dough for 45 minutes.
8. Cut dough into 20 equal portions (about 27.5 g. per piece).
9. Roll in breadcrumbs and arrange on baking trays in cut side up manner.
10. Proof until double in size in warm and moist proofing cabinet (about 32-34°C with 85% relative humidity).
11. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Finished product will result in 2,700 pcs. of pandesal.
Business Registration Requirements
1. Business Name Registration
Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) within NCR
a) 12/F Trafalgar Plaza, 105 H.V. Dela Costa St. Salcedo Village, Makati City
Tel. No.: 811.8232 loc. 208
b) 2/F Park N’Ride, Lawton, P. Burgos Ave., Dr. Basa St., Ermita, Manila
Tel. No.: 536.7153
c) G/F Highway 54 Plaza, EDSA (across SM Megamall), Mandaluyong City
Tel. No. 706-1767
d) 5/F Araneta Square Mall Monumento Circle, Kaloocan City
Tel. Nos. 332.0854 / 332.0829
DTI Provincial Office where the business is located.
2. Mayor’s Permit/Residence Certificate and Sanitary Permit
Municipality or City where the business is located.
3. Tax Identification Number (TIN)
Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)
BIR National Office Bldg..,Agham Road, Diliman Quezon City
Tel. No.: (632) 981.7000
BIR Regional or District Office where the business is located.
4. BFAD Certificate
Bureau of Food and Drugs (BFAD) within NCR
Civic Drive, Filinvest Corporate City Alabang, Muntinlupa City
Tel. Nos.: (632) 807.0721/ 842.5606
BFAD Regional Office where the business is located.
Department of Trade and Industry – Cottage Industry Technology Center (DTI-CITC)
20 Russet St.,SSS Village, Marikina City
Tel. No.: (632) 942.3974/ 948.2875/ 941.4516
Fax : (632) 942.0107
Email : email@example.com
Department of Science and Technology – Science and Technology Information Institute (DOST-STII)
Gen. Santos Ave., Upper Bicutan, Taguig, Metro Manila
Tel. Nos.: (632)837.2191 to 95
Technology Resource Center (TRC)
2/F Jacinta II Bldg., EDSA Guadalupe, Makati City (beside Metro Manila Development Authority-MMDA)
Tel. No.: 727.6205 loc. 200
Nutrition Foundation of the Philippines Bldg.
107 E. Rodriguez Sr. Avenue, Quezon City
Tel. Nos.: 742.7866/ 411.1349/ 742.0826
Related search terms:
- pandesal business
- how to make pandesal
- pandesal franchise philippines
- pandesal business plan
- pandesal business philippines
- pandesal recipe for business
- pandesal business franchise
- bakery business philippines
- bakery business in the philippines