PFU ASIA PACIFIC PTE. LTD. designer, manufacturer and marketer of Fujitsu brand scanners, has announced the release of the ScanSnap iX1500, the next-generation model from the best-selling ScanSnap line of personal document scanners. Designed for ultimate ease of use, the iX1500 transforms all the paper surrounding you with valuable information and adds more productivity to your lifestyle.
“I want scanners to be something more familiar to everyone out there”, said Managing Director, Fujio Nishida, PFU Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. “It’s been 5 years since the release of the iX500. With improvements in design, function, and software, this next-generation scanner has made an enormous evolution. And it is now so much easier to use, while keeping the basic concepts of ScanSnap: Simple, Speedy, and Compact. The ScanSnap iX1500 enables everything to be done intuitively at your fingertips.”
· An optimized user experience that keeps evolving
The iX1500 builds upon ScanSnap’s “One Button Simplicity”. It takes efficiency to a new level and constantly evolves to satisfy user preferences with various automation functions.
? Even more intuitive usage achieved with simple operation
Complete processes from scanning to data utilization with just “one touch” of the ScanSnap Series’ first 4.3-inch touch screen. Performing basic tasks such as setup and Wi-Fi configuration, checking scanning statuses, and choosing save-to destinations with the touch screen is easy, even for first-time users. Users can scan with pre-configured profiles that can be optimized for each user’s workflow. With the iX1500, repetitive tasks such as sorting, saving, organizing, and connecting scanned data with other applications are made as comfortable as possible.
? Shared use within office and family members
You can also save information to the appropriate destination when sharing the scanner among several*1 users, such as between office or family members.
· Just one stop for all ScanSnap productivity
Users can now easily manage, edit, and utilize various types of scanned paper with the all-new ScanSnap Home*2 *3. By combining your favorite ScanSnap software*4 functions into a single application, it enables you to organize your documents, business cards, receipts, photos, and much more.
?Refined and advanced software for total document management
ScanSnap Home offers excellent functions to organize and search through your data by enabling the creation of folders, tags, and keywords. You can now find information you need easier than before.
?Perfect match for your preferences
The iX1500 automatically names and suggests titles for your scanned paper based on content and preset naming conventions. Suggestion accuracy is improved the more titles are repeatedly edited, enabling users to avoid spending time on repetitive corrections. Corrections made to company names attributed to scanned business cards, for instance, are reflected on successive scans with the same attributed company.
· Usability more refined for every user
?Refined and aesthetic form
The iX1500’s adaptable and aesthetic design enables it to blend into any space, so it can stay where it is used the most, such as your living room, study room, or office.
?Functionality for stress-free operation
The iX1500 enables smooth and fast scanning crucial for comfortable operation.
– Scans 30 sheets/minute in color-duplex mode
– Boots within seconds of opening the cover with Fast Startup
– Easily scan business cards and long receipts that tend to curl, with the Receipt Guide
– Scans unconventional documents*4 with Manual Scan
– Cleans streaked images without the need for rescanning with Streak Reduction
– Notifies users of dust that may interfere with scanning with Dust Detection
– Offers built-in Wi-Fi with Direct Connect Mode
– Supports 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi
List price and release date
List price and release schedules may vary depending on region.
Product Home Page
ScanSnap product information
Fujitsu scanner product information
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 140,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com
1. ScanSnap iX1500 comes with 4 ScanSnap Home user licenses and 1 Nuance user license. Additional ScanSnap Home licenses are available for purchase.
2. ScanSnap Home will be available on October 12th. Please refer to ScanSnap Software Download page (http://scansnap.fujitsu.com/global/dl/).
3. Users can import data from existing ScanSnap software to ScanSnap Home with the iX500, iX100, S1300i, S1100i and SV600.
. ScanSnap Manager, ScanSnap Organizer, ScanSnap CardMinder, ScanSnap Receipt, ScanSnap Connect Application, and ScanSnap Cloud. Availability of ScanSnap Cloud may vary depending on region.
4. Envelopes, plastic cards, folded A3 documents, and documents with sticky notes.