SEO Jobs: Call Yourself an Expert after 2 Years
Search engine optimization or SEO has been a growing industry in the recent years.
And even though SEO is relatively new, various SEO jobs in the Philippines are continually increasing and evolving.
If you want to explore the world of SEO, here are some of the careers in the search engine optimization industry that you might want to take.
Content is essential in good SEO since it is considered as the soul of search engine optimization because it can either make or break your company. With this, a person who will produce quality and captivating content is important. This person is called content copywriter.
- Will write creative and compelling text
- Will generate content for different mediums
- Will determine tone and brainstorm ideas
- Degree in Communication or Journalism will do
- Impeccable writing and editing skills
- Creativity and persuasion
Link Building Specialist
Since link building is an efficient tactic in search engine optimization, a SEO company needs a person who will communicate and build relationships with webmasters to be able to formulate and execute strategies in creating links towards clients.
- Will work closely with SEO Manager in researching people and websites
- Will perform the link development techniques for their clients
- Will utilized web-based tools in order to submit multiple business listings
- Degree in Communication and IT would be an ideal option
- A great communicator and relationship-builder
- Must be able to multi-task
Beautifully structured website is important in SEO. With this, person who will develop and optimize website is definitely needed. This person is called a web developer.
- Will produce website layout
- Will maintain websites on plugins and security
- Will create themes and manipulate existing one if needed
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology is an ideal option
- Knowledge in relational database systems and web application development
Apart from the structure, the design of the website is also essential in SEO. A person who is responsible in generating captivating visuals and enhancing the website’s content is the web designer.
- Will create and design the overall look of the website
- Will determine technical requirements
- Will maintain and update websites
- Degree in Multimedia Arts
- Mastery in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Have a both understanding in graphic design and computer programming
The trend in SEO will constantly change and update. A SEO specialist is a person needed to track and implement the changes required so that a website will rank in search engines.
- Will analyze and review changes in a website
- Will do keyword research
- Will improve client’s organic search results
- Extensive SEO experience
- Solid understanding of performance marketing and conversion
- Knowledge in CSS and HTML
The SEO industry has definitely come a long way since its creation. If you are interested to take a path in this field, just refer to this article to have a glimpse on the different possible careers.
About the author:
Jeric is a freelance writer that features food, lifestyle, travel, DIY subjects, and nature. He is an adventurer, taking on the world and everything it has to offer, may it be the good and the bad. He also has a weird love for reggae and sharks. See: Reggae Shark