Siopao is a kind of tasty bun, also called hot buns or steamed buns, filled with delicious meat fillings. The buns are filled with either pork asado, chicken, or meatballs and some will put a slice of hard-boiled egg inside. Asado siopao is one of the favorites of many Filipinos. For this reason, starting your own siopao making business is a good source to make extra income. However, to be successful in this kind of business, your siopao must be extremely good. Your siopao must have that fluffy and soft bun with a tasty meat fillings that people will always crave. So, here’s your siopao recipe you can follow:
Siopao Basic Recipe
To make the siopao dough:
4½ cups flour
1 1/4 cups warm water
3/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp.baking powder
For the filling:
1/4 kilo pork or chicken
½ cup cooked beans
1 tbsp.flour dissolved in 1 tbsp. water
garlic, onions for sauteing
4 tbsp.soy sauce
wide board for making dough
square pieces of paper for each siopao
1. Dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water; set aside for 10-15 minutes.
2. Mix together sugar, salt, oil in the mixing bowl.
3. Add the dissolved yeast and half of the flour. Mix well.
4. Add more the remaining flour and mix well.
5. Knead the dough on the kneading board until smooth and fine.
6. Make a big ball from the dough and put in the bowl lined with oil. Apply oil also on the top of the dough.
7. Cover and let the dough rise within 30-40 minutes.
8. Flatten the dough, cut and make small balls. Let rise.
9. Flatten the balls, put 1 tbsp. filling in each and close. Put the ball on the square sheet of paper to keep it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
10. Steam the balls for 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of the balls.
1. Saute the garlic, onion, sliced pork or chicken.
2. Put in the beans, soy and a little water.
3. Before removing from the fire, pour in the dissolved flour for thickening. Stir well.
from panlasangpinoy – How to Make Siopao Asado (Video)