Skinless longganisa is a kind of sausage made of seasoned ground meat without casings. Making longganisa is not a new business idea but perfecting its taste to attract large customers is a difficult trick. Every longganisa recipe has its own version which sometimes is very expensive. Here’s another way to make longganisa of good quality.
3 kilos lean pork
1 kilo pork back
4 teaspoons phosphate
1 cup water
5 tablespoons rock salt
2 teaspoons curing salt
2 1/4 cups white sugar
1/4 cup ground pepper
1/2 cup crushed garlic
1/2 cup anisado wine
1/2 cup pineapple juice
Food color (allura red)**, optional
**Prepared by dissolving 1 teaspoon of food color in ¼ cup of water.
Size for ¼ kg : 4” x 8” with a thickness of 0.003
Size for ½ kg : 6” x 10” with a thickness of 0.003
1. Grind the lean meat and back fat. Set aside in the refrigerator.
2. Dissolve phosphate in water.
3. Mix together rock salt, curing salt and phosphate solution. Add to the ground meat and blend until slightly “sticky.”
4. Add the remaining six ingredients. Mix well.
5. Cure at room temperature for 8 to 10 hours or at refrigerator for 1 to 2 days.
6. Place 2 tablespoons of the meat mixture in paperlyne or cut wrap (about 6 inch x 6 inch squares). Roll up and tuck in edges.
7. Pack 2 in polyethylene bags. Freeze until needed.
source: DA-ATI, ITCPH-Lipa
Related search terms:
- skinless longganisa
- how to make skinless longganisa
- longganisa recipe for business
- skinless longganisa recipe
- longganisa business
- anisado wine
- skinless longganisa business
- chicken longganisa
- how to make fish longganisa