Embutido is a Filipino-style meatloaf recipe frequently served during special occasions. The demand for this product as a daily fare on the Filipino dining table is increasing. Processing and cooking embutido is easy and it has a long shelf life.
A. Meat Materials
800 grams Pork lean or pigue ground finely
200 grams Pork backfat, ground
¼ cup Texturized Vegetable Protein (TVP), 1 Tablespoon Isolate,
½ teaspoon carageenan and
½ cup water, hydrate for 3 minutes or until soft
Note: Texturized vegetable protein or TVP may be added to substitute a portion of the lean meat.
C. Seasoning Ingredients
1 Tablespoon Salt, refined
1 teaspoon Phosphate
½ teaspoon Curing salt
6 Tablespoon Sugar, refined
1¼ teaspoon Black pepper, ground
2 Tablespoon Pickle relish
½ teaspoon Vetsin (MSG), optional
1¼ teaspoon Onion, chopped finely
2 Tablespoon Raisins (1 box)
3 Tablespoon Vienna sausage, chopped or sliced for stuffing
2 Tablespoon Milk powder
2 – 4 Tablespoon Potato starch
2 Tablespoon Carrots, chopped finely
1 piece Egg, fresh
1 piece Chorizo de bilbao, chopped coarsely (optional)
¼ cup Cheese, grated (optional)
Egg, boiled, sliced into 4 pieces
2 Tablespoon Butter (spread in aluminum foil)
1. Hydrate ¼ cup TVP plus ½ cup water for 3 minutes or until soft.
2. Combine meat, salt, phosphate (dissolved in water) and curing salt and mix until tacky or sticky. Add the rest of the ingredients and add 1 fresh egg and potato starch at the last portion.
3. Spread butter in aluminum foil and spread meat mixture (1 cup per roll), allowing 1inch on each side. Line the boiled egg or sliced sausage in the middle. Roll the meat and twist both ends. Be sure that the roll is tight.
4. Prick foil with pin and steam for 1 hour. Cool.
5. Chill in refrigerator. Unwrap and slice before serving. Freeze the embutido if to be sold.
Yield: 1.5 kgs (6 rolls of ¼ kg per roll)
How to cook Embutido video from panlasangpinoy
source: DA-ATI, ITCPH-Lipa
Search terms: how to make embutido, panlasangpinoy embutido, embutido recipe for business, embutido panlasang pinoy, panlasang pinoy embutido, how to make embutido for business, how to make embotido, embutido business, how to cook embutido, how to make embutido panlasang pinoy