Three of the most commonly used cleaning agents are laundry detergent, fabric softener and dishwashing liquid. Laundry detergent or washing powder helps break out and remove dirt and stains to make the laundry clean. Fabric softener is used while washing laundry to eliminate static cling at the same time reduce creases and make clothes soft. Liquid dishwash is a thick formulation that removes grease on dishes and leaves them sparkling clean.
Materials (for the three products)
Wooden Ladle/Plastic Ladle
Measuring Cup and Spoon
Transparent Plastic Bag
Gas / Electric Stove
Bottles (small and medium size)
Soda Ash – 1000 g
Linear Alykyl Benzene Sulfuric (LABS) – 160 g
Distilled Water – 100 ml
Sodium Tripolyphosphate (STPP) – 40 g
Sodium Sulfate – 800 g
Sodium Metasillicate – 100 g
Sodium Sulphite – 40 g
Sodium Perborate – 60 g
Carboxy Methyl Celluse (CMC) – 20 g
Coco Fatty Alcohol Sulfate (CFAS) – 24 g
Speckles – 10 g
Ariel – 5 ml
* Makes 2 kilos of powdered soap
1. Mix soda ash and LABS. Use wooden ladle while mixing.
2. Add water at least 100 ml. of water.
3. Mix thoroughly. Let it cool.
4. Add the remaining ingredients and mix.
5. Add perfume if desired, and then pack it for retail.
Fabric Softener Flakes – 250 g
Ethyl Alcohol – 10 ml
Downy Scent – 10 ml
*Makes 3 liters of fabric softener
1. Crush 250 g. of fabric softener flakes in a plastic container, using a wooden ladle.
2. Gradually pour the flakes to 2 l. of hot de-ionized water and stir to dissolve the flakes.
3. Mix it and let it cool.
4. When all the flakes had dissolved, pour additional 1 l. de-ionized or distilled water.
5. Add the 10 ml. ethyl alcohol and 5 ml. – 10 ml. downy fragrance consecutively.
Liquid Dishwashing Soap
Sodium Lauryl Ethyl Sulfate (SLES) – 150 g
Sodium Chloride – 50 g
Coco Deethanolomyte (CDEA) – 60 ml
Water Soluble – Dye Green – 10 ml
Benzalkonium Chloride – .01 ml
Kalamansi Scent – 10 ml
*Makes 2 liters of liquid dishwashing soap
1. Mix 150 g. of SLES with 50 g. Sodium Chloride.
2. Stir and add 1,400 ml. hot de-ionized water of tap water gradually.
3. Pour on the additives and fragrance. Let it cool.
4. Put in plastic containers or bottles.
Business Registration Requirements
1. Business Name Registration
Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) within NCR
a) 12/F Trafalgar Plaza, 105 H.V. Dela Costa St. Salcedo Village, Makati City
Tel. No.: 811.8232 loc. 208
b) 2/F Park N’Ride, Lawton, P. Burgos Ave., Dr. Basa St., Ermita, Manila
Tel. No.: 536.7153
c) G/F Highway 54 Plaza, EDSA Mandaluyong City (across SM Megamall)
Tel. No.: 706.1767
d) 5/F Araneta Square Mall Monumento Circle, Caloocan City
Tel. No.: 332.0854 / 332.0829
DTI Provincial Office where the business is located or log on to www.bnrs.dti.gov.ph
Validity: 5 years
2. Mayor’s Permit/Residence Certificate and Sanitary Permit
Local municipality where the business is located
Validity: 1 year
3. Tax Identification Number (TIN)
Bureau of Internal Revenue National Office
Agham Road, Diliman, Quezon City
Trunkline: (632) 981.70000 / 981.8888
SSS Special Financing Program
Social Security System (SSS)
Loans and Investment Office
SSS Building, East Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City
Tel. Nos.: (632) 920.6401 / 920.6446
Small & Medium Enterprise Credit (SMEC)
Phil. Business for Social Progress
18/F, Phil. Social Dev’t. Center,
Magallanes cor. Real St., Intramuros, Manila
Tel. Nos.: (632)527.7741 to 51 or 527.3751
Fax No. : (632)527.3743
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
People’s Credit Finance Corporation (PCFC)
395 Sen. Gil Puyat Ave. Makati
Tel. Nos.: (632) 897.8549 / 897.5822
Fax No.: (632) 897.8523 / 897.8528
Source: BUREAU OF MICRO, SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT (BMSMED)
5/F, Trade and Industry Building
361 Sen. Gil J. Puyat Ave. Makati City
Tel. Nos.: (02) 897.1693 / 897.7596 / 890.4968
Fax No.: (02) 896.7916 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org